The Best Foundation & Concealer
As an avid product junkie, I have tried countless brands of foundation, concealer, and every other possible form of makeup you can think of, the good, the bad & the ugly. Here are some of my top picks for the face!
(From left to right)
1. Loreal Infallible Pro Matte - One of the most long wearing foundations I have EVER tried. When im wearing this my makeup is still "on fleek" even after a long humid florida day! Because it is super matte, I only recommend this foundation for combination to oily skin. I feel it looks better with a good moisturizer underneath. I use cetaphil lotion (as mentioned in my simple (sensitive) skincare post).
2. Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless - LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I find it to be a great dupe for Makeup Forever HD, as it is very smooth, natural looking, & photographs great. I really love the Loreal pro matte layered over this! Great for all skin types, medium build-able coverage.
3. Makeup Forever HD - Need I say more? This baby basically has a cult following. This is my ultimate favorite foundation. It looks extremely natural, no matter how many layers you apply. The finish is absolutely flawless.
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Stays put during the hot summer months, keeps me matte throughout the day, pretty much a lifesaver in my book. I would say this foundation is full coverage, I like to use my beauty blender to apply. I really like this layered over something, rather than on its own.
(clockwise from top)
1. Too Faced cocoa powder foundation - Sulfate & Paraben Free, which is DEFINATELY a plus. ALSO IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE! I am literally obsessed with this as a setting powder. It contains antioxidants to protect your skin while you wear it, and has a smooth velvety texture. I feel like it blurs the appearance of my pores a bit also.
2. Bare Minerals Blemish Ready Foundation - Contains, Aspen Bark and Tea Tree Oil to keep skin clear, Aloe to soothe and hydrate skin, & Mineral Powder to help neutralize the appearance of skin redness and control oil and shine. I can literally sleep in this & not break out. I like to wear this on days when im going for that "no makeup look". It looks so natural and feels very light on the skin.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Powder - This is a very sheer powder, I like to use it to set my foundation.
4. Makeup forever HD pressed powder - Basically the best thing since sliced bread. I use this to set my makeup & under eye concealer. Blurs any imperfections and makes skin look flawless in any light.
1. Mac Pro Longwear Concealer - I LOVE THIS STUFF. I mostly use it to conceal under my eyes & high light. A little goes a really long way. It completely covers dark circles & lifts your whole under-eye area.
2. Dermablend Cover Creme - The "Mac daddy" of all concealers. This stuff even covers tattoos. If you have a scar or a blemish, dab a little bit of this on & watch it magically disappear.
3. Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Concealer - Light weight & good coverage, I like this under the eyes and as an eye shadow base.